King Hans’ Bridge
On a journey from Ribe to Aalborg, King Hans was mortally wounded one cold winter day in 1513 in an attempt to cross Skjern River.
The original bridge was replaced in the 17th century by Denmark’s longest bridge, which was built to the north of the original King Hans’ Bridge. Today’s King Hans suspension bridge is built very close to that site.
On the meadow, there is a work entitled “The Pulpit” by the sculptor Bjørn Kromann Andersen.